myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2025 and lift themselves out of poverty.
About this Role
Location: The Development Manager will be based either in Dakar, Senegal or the NYC region. If based in Senegal, the candidate will need to be in the Thiès office at least 3 days per week. If based in the US, the candidate will need to be in the NYC office at least 3 days per week.
Overview: The Development Manager is an enthusiastic self-starter responsible for planning, organizing, and driving forward development efforts for myAgro. You will support and help build a best-in-class development structure that will support myAgro’s fast growing fundraising program by managing a portfolio of institutional, high net worth, corporate and family foundation offices. Working closely with your supervisor, the Senior Director, the Development Manager will manage current donors/partners while also identifying new prospects, cultivating potential donors and closing deals to generate revenue.
Revenue Generation & Prospecting (75%)
- Responsible for a portfolio of $500K of new funding in year 1
- Manage a portfolio that includes corporate, high net worth, family foundations, and institutional donors – communicate frequently, build relationships and secure funding
- Represent myAgro at external events and networking opportunities, e.g., industry conferences, workshops and funder convening’s
- Ensure an active, dynamic prospect process by moving leads across the pipeline from cold stage to solicitation and meet specific targets set for each stage per month
- Manage the donor engagement cycle for key prospects throughout the cultivation, solicitation, recognition, and stewardship phases
- Utilize a fundraising CRM to a) actively manage and move prospect pipeline, b) track progress towards goals, and c) keep the Senior
- Director and Executive team apprised of successes and challenges
- Work collaboratively with Senior Director, CEO, development team and program staff to develop and articulate compelling cases for support of myAgro
Prospecting / Outreach
- Collaborate with development team and your manager to prioritize research needs
- Research, document and maintain constituent data in the fundraising CRM database
- Create update and maintain donor and prospect profiles and reports
- Identify, develop, and implement solicitation strategies to grow the organization’s prospect portfolio
- Proactively schedule and make check-in calls with donors for submissions, informationals, report calls, etc.
Grant Management and Proposal Submission (25%)
- Project manage submissions: the grant writer does the document drafting but the Grant Manager will help get information internally, make sure submission goes out on time, and send the final submission
- Manage timelines and deliverables, notably as we will be juggling multiple grants, with varying submission requirements, at the same time
- Identify the relevant internal stakeholder when seeking grant or proposal submission inputs (e.g. how to find operational inputs or data that a submission might require)
- Think resourcefully about how to optimize time and process so as to streamline submissions as much as possible
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must have 2-3 years of non-profit development work, including grant management and proposal submission
- 2-5+ years of direct experience and proven success in securing funding from institutions, corporations and family foundations
- Knowledge of international development and/or international agriculture and rural development
- Strong understanding of the project management cycle to achieve results
Skills and Competencies
- Lives for the win, loving finding new opportunities and seeing them through to the finish line
- Hyper organized, making sure that no item is left untended to and that items go out in a timely fashion
- Polished and cordial demeanor, excited to talk with donors and share myAgro with them in a composed, professional way
- Entrepreneurial attitude, proven success in building a portfolio of institutional funders
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong problem solving, research, and analytical skills
- Self-starter with a passion for working collaboratively with a small team
- Ability to thrive and deliver results in an unstructured and dynamic environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, donor databases, and online fundraising platforms
- Proficiency in French preferred
Report to: Senior Director of Development
Critical Requirement: English fluency required; French proficiency preferred
Type: Part-time preferred (3 days/week) with the possibility of going to full time in 6 months.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Date limite : 15 Juillet 2020