Wave Senegal is hiring an Agent Ops Admin Manager
The problem: In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That’s for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
How we’re solving it: We’re building financial services to work as they should: no account fees, instantly available and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always function, we’re creating financial infrastructure that « just works. » In fall 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent, starting with Senegal. That’s where you come in…
How you’ll help us achieve it
We’re looking for an Agent Ops Admin Manager who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. You’ll be responsible for administrative tasks within the teams of agent management and user acquisition, as well ass managing a small team of administrative officers as we rapidly scale our business in Senegal.
In this role, you’ll:
- Support agent and user acquisition field operations teams from the head office
- Be responsible for ensuring agents and user acquisition teams are recruited and managed as per internal policy and procedure
- Help develop and ensure procedures are followed for addressing agent issues and client issues at agents are tracked, reported and addressed
- Be responsible for requesting, dispatching and tracking usage of agent and user acquisition related supplies on an international level
- Managing a team of administrative officers
- Agent management and user acquisition administration and reporting
- Assist with administrative duties related to agent network ops by supporting all projects in the departmental from the head office.
- Maintaining agent contracts and ensuring up-to-date information across systems and devices are well set-up and functional.
- Routinely monitor the system for any potential transactions duplications or system errors and communicate to the IT support Assistant for action and consequently follow-up for any reversals to be done as per procedure.
- Work with regional managers to identify agents for closure/contracts for termination/renewal as per the Wave policies.
- General custodian of all regional data and required reporting. Accurate data analysis and performance forecasting and being a champion for performance improvement within agents and user acquisition team.
- Team leadership and coordination role – Working with Wave mobile money ops admin officers to support agents and user acquisition at agents field teams across the country, from our head office in Dakar.
- Lead recruitment for agent management and distribution teams
- Check and vet all reported applications to be meeting criteria from a back-office standpoint.
- Work with regional managers to recover Wave documents, equipment, devices and branding, material following adequately the process upon termination of an agent or distributor
- Logistical support
- Liaise with the Regional Managers to dispatch all required stationery and merchandising material required and any other required supplies, tracking dispatched and available supplies and its use.
- Financial support
- Obtain approval for compensation/reversals of all reported agent/customer cases needing reversals and ensure all parties are kept informed and laisse with Wave Support and Finance.
- To monitor all potential claims for refunds ensuring minimal financial impact to the agent/customer or Wave.
- Training and managing on agent management and user acquisition administrative issues
- Basic training on agent admin related issues to the field teams
- Manage and train entry level admins within agent management and user acquisition teams
- Help coordinate and manage all agent communication and trainings as may be required
- Manage, track and report on all agent potential risk and suspicious activities
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- Position based at head office helping to support agents and field teams managing many agents
- You must have work authorization in Senegal.
- This is a permanent position.
- Proficient in English, French and Wolof
- At least 2 year Experience in managing Mobile Money or Bank agents and users from a back-office supporting field teams is desirable
- Intermediate computer and data analysis skills (great at spreadsheets)
- Good communication skills
- Basic Business or IT undergraduate degree
- Team leadership and coordination abilities.
- Able to proactively prioritize, plan, delegate and follow-up client, field team and agent issues until resolved.
Preferred aptitude and qualities
- You always seek to improve yourself through honest self-reflection
- Have managed successful teams to achieve ambitious goals
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth.
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change
- Are analytical in your approach to problems
- Are excessively detail oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- We have a Country Office in Senegal with about 70 people. We are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
If interested, please apply by submitting a resume and a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role here. Please also respond to the questions below. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Wave is a place where everyone can thrive. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to wake up everyday.
Closing date : 12 March 2020
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter le lien suivant: https://boards.greenhouse.io/wavesenegal/jobs/4627170002#app