Shelter For Life hiring a Business Intelligence Manager.
Shelter For Life International (SFL) is an international faith-based relief and development organization with over 30 years experience in providing sustainable development and humanitarian assistance to post conflict countries around the world. We are currently operational in Afghanistan, Liberia, and Senegal, with Headquarters located in Minnetonka, MN. Our mission is to Demonstrate God’s love by enabling people affected by conflict and disaster to restore their lives and rebuild their communities. To learn more about us, please visit www.shelter.org
Under USDA/FAS Food For Progress (FFPr), SFL is implementing a six year program in Senegal, The Gambia, and Guinea- Bissau with a goal to develop and upgrade value chain linkages necessary to support an integrated regional trade network for the cashew value chain. The “Linking Infrastructure, Finance, and Farms To Cashew” (LIFFT-Cashew) program is working to create durable trade infrastructure, increase access to financial services, organize and train smallholder farmers to increase production and bargaining power, and build the capacity of local processors to add value to kernels in the cashew production zone of West Africa. As a result, the program will benefit smallholder farmers, a range of processors, and a variety of other businesses associated with the cashew value chain.
LIFFT-Up is a Salesforce-based platform designed for the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and program partners to collect, analyze, and disseminate market micro-data. The purpose of the system is to have a single data platform with detailed information about value chain actors which can paint a broad picture of market statistics to support trade of agricultural products. It is supported by Einstein Analytics, a powerful tool which uses AI learning to analyze data and create reports. Einstein Analytics allows us to analyze collected market data within Salesforce and create tailored market reports. Using TaroWorks, SFL’s field agents in the SeGaBi region collect and validate information offline, and this information is then synced to the LIFFT-Up platform at the end of each day, or when internet access is available.
We are currently seeking a Business Intelligence Manager with significant experience in Salesforce to provide oversight of the LIFFT-Up platform. The Business Intelligence Manager will be responsible for training staff in the use of the platform and provide limited technical assistance and troubleshooting for the LIFFT-Up platform. This position is will manage a local team in Senegal responsible for implementing the platform.
Areas of Responsibility
Platform and data management – 40%
- Manage, and maintain database systems
- Ensure quality assurance on data collection, storage, and analysis
- Big data analysis and reporting
- Provide maintenance support to the data platform, troubleshoot as needed
Training and capacity building – 30%
- Conduct training for SFL staff and external stakeholders on the use of LIFFT-Up platform
- Train and provide supervisory support to the local data management team in Senegal
Strategic Leadership – 30%
- Design and implement new uses for LIFFT-Up that integrate with other project components
- Be a champion for the use and uptake of the platform with SFL staff and stakeholders
- Explore and implement commercial applications for the platform, ensuring its sustainability beyond life of project
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related field
- Minimum work experience: 2 years of software development and 2 years of Salesforce application development
- Demonstrated experience managing a multi-lingual, diverse team
- Experience developing with Einstein Analytics (configuration/setup and report generation) & the Salesforce Community Portal
- Self-motivated and creative
- Proficiency in written and spoken English required
- Salesforce Developer Certification
- Graduate level degree in international development, business or public policy
- 2+ years of experience in a humanitarian organization, including one year of international experience
- Experience developing customer-facing user interfaces
- Fluency in French and/or Portuguese preferred
SFL is interested in candidates whose professional ethics, values and determination to achieve impact are evident and aligned with organizational priorities.
- A minimum of 12+ months commitment to live and work in Ziguinchor, Senegal is required
- Is comfortable with frequent travel, particularly within the SeGaBi region
Please send your CV/resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Business Intelligence Manager”. Applications must be in English. Please include your name in the title of all attached documents. In your resume, the work experience should be presented chronologically and should contain sufficient details to enable the technical review team to evaluate the qualifications and experience. The CV/resume should include the name, telephone number, and email of at least two references who do not work for the candidate’s current employer.
Application deadline: 20 december 2019.