Chemonics seeks a Finance and Investment Advisor
Chemonics seeks a finance and investment advisor for the five-year USAID/Feed the Future Value Chain Services Activity in Senegal. The activity will establish and manage a flexible mechanism that will provide technical assistance, training, material, and other resources to improve food security through strengthened agricultural production and market systems, the professionalization of key agriculture value chains, and rational management of natural resources. Candidates should demonstrate expertise in private sector investment, access to finance, and/or agribusiness development. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Facilitate private sector investment and access to finance services, including insurance, along targeted value chains and food systems
- Increase finance and investment in target value chains to achieve the activity’s objectives
- Assist the chief of party and deputy chief of party to develop sections of annual work plans, quarterly and annual reports, and key technical deliverables that relate to increasing finance and investment
- Represent the project to key public and private sector stakeholders and beneficiaries and to USAID or other donors as delegated by the deputy chief of party or chief of party.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least three years of recent experience providing regional and international expertise in economic growth, agribusiness development, banking and investment, agriculture sector lending, or microfinance in Francophone Africa
- Professional experience implementing programs aimed at increasing agriculture sector lending and investment
- Understanding of both debt and equity financing of agricultural SMEs, the equity investment fund community, and value chain financing
- Effective project management, technical and analytical skills, personnel management, and strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Oral, written, and presentation skills in French (advanced proficiency) and English (proficiency)
Please send your CV, cover letter, and three references to https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/af51c23af906400abfb5902549e6b14c no later than January 23, 2020. Early submissions are encouraged. No telephone inquiries, please.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. The EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice is available at: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.